New To The Family

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
Tuckerpig

Mon May 30, 2016 11:12 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Blackstar family. I was first introduced to Blackstar amps about a year or so ago. I play in a group with a few other guys at a music studio where we all take some lessons. This studio has a full stage setup where you just bring you guitar and cable, plug in, turn on and play. We have fun and play 80's, 90's and modern rock, metal and grunge. A year ago the studio replaced the amps on stage with Blackstar amps. The amp I am using is the HT Club 40. Awesome amp and really enjoy playing it. Well I started playing in another band with another group of guys on a different night of the week and I need to supply my own amp for the practice space. I have a nice amp at the house, but my back is bad and it is too heavy lift in and out of the car. I decided since I really like Blackstar, and my instructor uses a white Blackstar HT-5R during our lessons that this amp might be the answer I am looking for. I decided to buy the HT-5R in red and man what a nice amp. Perfect for the practice and loud enough to be heard over the drums. I think this is a perfect and very versatile practice amp that just sounds great. I am a major fan of Blackstar.

Sonofarich

Tue May 31, 2016 11:59 pm

Welcome.

zoziano

Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:44 pm

welcome am too new here
Last edited by zoziano on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christoph

Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Right on!

I dig the forums here and finally made myself a profile.

I, too, love my Blackstar.

Your gig, where the studio provides amps, sounds like heaven to me.

I'm in a 3 piece band with a real trap kit player. I'm easily able to keep pace with the volume needs using my HT 100. I thought, maybe, you were planning to run a 5 watt through a PA system. But if your HT 5 can compete with live drums thats great!

• Information