Greetings from Cape Town South Africe

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
Don Roos

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi forumites, I am new here and also new to valve amps. I have used a VOX AD30VT XL until now but always wanted a good all valve amp and today I became the proud owner of a Limited Red Club40. As a rhythm guitarist I need a good clean channel with the odd dirty bits for doing heavy Rock. I am primarily a vocalist but play both acoustic and electric guitar and some keyboard and uke on the odd occasions.

I play a Cort MR710 with Quilted Bubinga back/sides through a Laney acoustic amp.

I have a limited edition (only 80 built) '87 vintage Ibanez Roadster Pro II with a built in Shadow SH-075 MIDI pickup that I may play through my new Club-40 on special occasions but my gigging guitar is an Ibanez Artist AR325.

My style is rock with an emphasis on ballads and classical stuff and also some blues.

The Club-40 gives me a great clean channel with several variations in tone and together with the tri-switches on the AR325 I can get quite a few different tones. I have a ZOOM G3 that I have connected into the effects loop to add a wide variety of effects and then a great dirty channel.

I hope to learn a lot from my fellow forumites about using a valve amp to get the best sounds.

nick_s

Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:02 pm

Welcome along buddy :)

• Information