Very ignorant newbie wants to record using superfly

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
Jayare

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi, I really am very ignorant and, if anyone can help, please use non technical language and assume I know nothing.
I have just bought a Super Fly. I have managed to connect my guitar ( an acoustic with a pickup) and I have a microphone - so far so good.
I am looking to make recordings onto my PC. I do not want to use Apple.

I am not looking to do a fantastic production, I just want to record my songs.
I would really like to be able to send the output via an email attachment or, if that will be too hard, perhaps put it onto a stick.
I understand there are lots of music packages out there but they all seem to be very complicated and I really want simple, very simple!

I can see that the Superfly has two small jack sockets on the top which are confusing me, one is called MP3 / LINE IN, the other is labeled EM. OUT & PHONES. At the rear of the amp is a section called CABINET LINK. This has a slide switch labeled STEREO MODE (DUAL SPLIT) and has a socket with a strange 3 pin socket labeled OUTPUT.

I think that is it! Sorry for the long question but I hope someone can take pity on me and give me a simple way to connect, play and record 🤪🎸🎤🤪, Regards Jayare

Nicholaspaul

Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:22 pm

It’s really going to depend on what inputs you have on your pc. If you have a line in jack, you could connect it with a mini jack to jack lead from the EM OUT on your amp. EM Out is emulated out, that is it emulates the sound of a speaker for direct recording.
If you don’t have a line in, you would need some kind of USB audio interface. Try your local vendor or auction site and you can find them from £22 up to several hundred.

For software, try Audacity. It’s free and easy to use.

The super super easy way would be just to use your phone and a recording app.

Good luck.

• Information