RETURNING MEMBER

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
PogWalusiak

Fri May 01, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi everybody,
I am a returning member, and rejoined, as I have now acquired another Blackstar amp.
My previous Blackstar amp was the HT Stage 60, and while I thought it was a very good gigging amp, it was also very heavy, and I subsequently moved it on for a lighted Fender Amp.
The amp I acquired is an HT Club 50 with HTV2x12 Cabinet both in Bronco Tan.
My main amp till now has been a Marshall DSL401, with an extension 1x12 Marshall Speaker.
However after trying out the Club 50 the sound is much fuller, as the HTV is big, and provides great headroom.
I am very impressed with it, so much so that when the lockdown restrictions are eased and I get band rehearsing again, it will probably be my main gigging amp. I am still getting used to the amp, and it would be great if someone out there can give me their favourite settings. I use mainly Les Paul's, but occasionally a Strat.

Lobster

Wed May 27, 2020 5:39 pm

Hi Pog,

I'm Stij (But apparently not the only one on here, so I had to call myself Lobster)

I've played Blackstar for about 10 years now, ever since they helped out with backline at a festival I used to help organise. They were such lovely chaps I jumped ship from Orange and never looked back.
I started with a S1-45, which was far too much for my non-gigging needs, so I downgraded to a lovely HT-5 stack in the artisan finish. Have also recently bought (and re-covered) an ID100TVP head and cab, so am taking my first wobbly steps into the digital world. Sounds awesome to my ears though.
As for settings, I tend to keep the treble, middle and ISP knobs at 12 o'clock, and push the bass up. But this is possibly because I tend to play a lot of noisy stuff with a lot of gain. I'm a LP guy too, but I'd love a Strat at some point.

Anyway, enough with my yakking

STIJ

• Information