Ht 100 Mk 2 Tube Layout

THE VALVE AMP REDEFINED. The stunning next generation of HT Venue valve amplifiers.
brianwrym

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:47 am

Hello,

What is the tube layout for V1 and V2 for the preamp section? Also what channels are being used on v1a/v1b and v1a/v2b? Thanks

brianwrym

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:11 pm

Hello,

So I have done some testing and have found that for each 12ax7, they are either only for the clean channel or for the distortion channels.

From the back of the amp, the one on the left is v1 but only is used for the clean channel. Playing the amp with v1 out, I dont get clean but the distortion channels work.

I get the opposite when removing just v2 and leaving in v1... I have clean and then the distortion channels dont work.

So I have solved my own question.....

I also tube rolled and found that a stock jj in v1 (Clean) and a jj gold in v2 (Distortion) + upgrading the power tubes to JJ el34L's has changed this amps tones for the better as I was having compression issues on the distortion channels when using the voice switch.... with the stock tubes there was too much of a tone shift which seemed to add to much compression and making the sound very compressed. The tube upgrade made a huge difference and now the amp is playable to my tastes..

Thanks

Brian R.

Noiseaddicted

Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm

When you tested the channels with and without their tubes, did they each sound normal with the other channel's tube removed? I'm curious if the two preamp tubes work together in any way. I have the same head and I notice a weird howling feedback and higher volumes on the OD channels. Tapped all tubes with a chopstick and the only microphonic one was V1, but I'm not having issues with the clean channel (that I know of)... I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts.

• Information