Dead Preamp?

COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT. 100W and 150W giggable combos, with Superwide Stereo and Effects.
Outatime

Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:05 am

Hello everyone,

I have an ID:CORE 100 that I love and has worked perfectly for me up to today. I was jamming today and the sound just stopped. The power is on, the lights are on, everything looks fine, just no sound. I was using the effects loop and started trouble shooting everything my removing it and finally even doing a factory reset. I get no sound at all, but the lights all come on and I can select different banks. It will go to manual mode.
You can even hear the background hum get louder when I increase the gain/master vol/preamp vol, but no sound from the input.

The odd thing is if I plug into the power amp via the effects loop, it will make sound from there, either by plugging in a guitar or touching the jack with 60 cycle hum. That has to mean the power amp is either off or dead. Any ideas on how to correct this? It has never been gigged and has literally sat in my den since the day I bought it. It gets used daily, but it gets nothing more than dusty. Actually even thinking about that, I ran compressed air into all of the jack openings thinking there might have been some crud in it. No change.

Outatime

Sat May 02, 2020 2:49 am

Not sure if anyone out there sees this or cares... after I had that failure on my ID:Core 100 I put it in a corner. I bought a Marshall Code 100 2x12 that I love... and I've been jamming on that. Well today I was bored so I dug the old Blackstar out. I still couldn't get any sound out of it, but just for the hell of it I plugged my effects board into the effects loop in... and it sounds great. Still in stereo and everything. And honestly I kind of prefer it like this. So now I have to decide what to do with my Marshall....

Lobster

Wed May 27, 2020 7:09 pm

Hi Outatime,

Sorry I didn't read this at the time, or respond. I'm a little sad at the lack of activity on here...

I'd have said output fuse at a guess. Or maybe an internal one on the PCB.

It has to be a fuse of some kind. Unless there's a dry joint somewhere that is just making itself known...

Did you open it up and have a peep?

STIJ

• Information