HT-20R MKII Strange Chirping/Buzzing Noise

HT-1R MkII, HT-5R MkII and HT-20R MkII Head and Combos.
BNuggsAW

Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:18 pm

I have had this HT-20R MKII for several months now and have had this intermittent issue with it from the start. It may go several days or weeks without occurring, seemingly at random.

The noise in question is a harsh electrical/chirping noise that starts, lasts for about 15-30 seconds, and then stops.

Here is an example I managed to catch on video: https://youtube.com/shorts/iqE8cydqNQw.

This happens no matter where in the house I have it plugged in. Another oddity with it is the chirping has whatever effects pedal I have activated applied to it as well, but will also happen if nothing but the input cable is plugged in (I have tried switching cables to no avail).

I have tried everything short of getting some sort of clean power supply for it and swapping in new tubes.

Any help would be appreciated.

BNuggsAW

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:00 pm

This forum seems to be essentially dead, but figured I'd post what I found to be the cause of this issue in case anyone was interested.

I happened to be outside today near the street doing some yard work when I hear the exact same buzzing/chirping sound coming from a transformer box, and I mean the exact same noise I have been hearing through the amp. So, it seems the issue isn't with the amp at all but is electrical noise and the amp was the only thing in the house that was sensitive enough to it to pick it up.

Hopefully a power filter/conditioner can get rid of the noise.

andree23

Sat May 27, 2023 3:54 am

Even though you mentioned trying different input cables, it's still worth trying a different speaker cable as well. Faulty or damaged cables can sometimes introduce fnf unwanted noise.

jesse99

Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:06 am

Do you have all your documentation related to the amplifier, including warranty information? If your amplifier is still under warranty, any necessary repairs or replacements might be covered. wordle unlimited

lindausa0106

Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:50 am

You should ask for help from technical staff so they can help you fix the problem slope the system is having.

• Information