Headphone / Line out too loud / clipping

STATE OF THE ART. The new benchmark in digital amplifier technology.
abstract_snow

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:20 pm

The Headphone / Line out on my Silverline Standard 20w is incredibly loud, too loud for headphones on the lowest volume setting (blows my ears out), and it clips unpleasantly - especially when something like reverb is turned up or one of the bigger tube emulations is dialed in. I've tried running it through USB audio, same thing. Tried running through an audio interface, same thing.
This can't be intended, right? Like, it's not some kind of distortion you'd expect, its completely seperate to that. Sounds like its driving my headphones over their limit, but even when I turn down the signal through a PC or audio interface it still does the same thing. Tried the settings in the INSIDER software too, nothing that helped.

Anyone else with a Silverline who can tell me if its just this one unit and I should return it or if it's that way on all the Silverlines?

Wilco8

Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Hi,
I have the same issue too in my Silverline deluxe. Bose Qc15 headphones are far too loud. The master volume is off (to stop the speaker from sounding) and the volume is turned almost all the way down. The volume pot acts like a switch turn it down a little more (<1) and the headphone output stops. Increase it just a little and the volume comes on far too loud.

Anyone from blackstar have a solution?
Cheers

fender62

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:32 pm

post your question on ther facebook page, or message them from it https://www.facebook.com/groups/658916344290720/

bknauf777

Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:43 am

I have this same issue on the Silverline stern deluxe 100 watt 2x12. The emulated output is way too hot.. even with the volume knob (4) set to the lowest possible, many of my presets are clipping drastically out to my PA. Not to mention, each preset can have a different setting on that volume knob (4), so I don't understand how this would ever work when changing presets.. it will throw off the emulated output on every different preset. Is there a way to change that output to just be a normalized output?

ScottAnunnaki

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:29 pm

Same problem here...

If I use the speaker emulated out with anything (Reaper, Gavewav, Headphones) the sound is terrible! Just over powered with a crackling sound.

It doesnt do it with the USB, but with the USB there is massive lag so I cant record with that.

I LOVE this amp live and I want to record with it at home.

gnairn23

Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:20 am

I'd also like to know...

Anyone else with a Silverline who can tell me if its just this one unit and I should return it or if it's that way on all the Silverlines?

Chill4x

Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:33 am

I had a similar issue with my Silverline Standard 20w's headphone/line out being too loud and clipping. It was pretty frustrating. What worked for me was using an external headphone amplifier with volume control. It allowed me to fine-tune the headphone volume to a comfortable level without any clipping issues.

• Information