Silverline head seems to have a mind of its own

STATE OF THE ART. The new benchmark in digital amplifier technology.
sidk47

Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:48 am

Dear Blackstar,

My Silverline head sometimes changes channels by itself. For example by going from crunch to super crunch at random intervals and times.

The tube selection also used to change randomly but it is better now.

Anything with a knob instead of a selector switch knob doesn't change.

I have confirmed this issue with both usb architect connected and disconnected.

It produces some great tones, but I am worried if it does this on stage, it will be difficult to perform with it. I have not come to that stage of my guitar journey yet though, but it remains a concern.

What is the solution and has anyone else faced this same issue?

Thanking you,
Siddhu Boy.
South India.
sidk4job+silverline@gmail.com

sidk47

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:17 am

Dear all,

My Silverline head is acting even wierder.

There are some times, when the sound just cuts out to barely audible.

At other times, the sound comes back but it is like if someone was playing around with the sag control on my head.

The sound just doesn't sound as full.

It's a great amp when it is working like it should.

I don't know what to do with it.

I paid more than I can afford for it. It was a huge investment into my guitar journey.

But I am disappointed because of all it's quirks.

I thought it is a solid state amp and it is not supposed to have all the disadvantages of a tube amp. But I don't know if a tube amp would be this quirky and wierd. It's even wierder and quirkier, the Silverline.

I just don't know what to do.

I imported it from the distributor. Maybe I should just send it for service or something.

Now I have to find out where in India the service center is.

Thanks all.

sidk47

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:18 am

I also would like to add that I bought a power cable, an extremely high quality one, hoping that that would solve the issues but it hasn't.

It went away for a while and came back.

sidk47

Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:37 pm

Hi guys,

There were issues with my usb mini cable and two of my guitars.

I have since rectified the guitars and bought a new usb mini cable of higher quality.

Let us see how it goes.

Sometimes, it takes on a mind of its own.

Everything with a plain old dial is OK, but channels and tubes, like things with a selector knob, those go a little berserk.

Should I spray the channel selector and the tube selector with electrical contact cleaner? Do you think this is a good idea?

I will report back and hope that the problems are rectified by the fixing of guitar and usb mini cable, although I think it is unlikely to fix it 100%.

Anyone else facing issues like me? Please chime in.

THanks guys,
Siddhu Boy.

sidk47

Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:20 pm

Hey guys,

I have some good new to report.

Certain problems were due to issues with my guitars' selector switches.

I have since rectified the problem on one guitar and ordered a selector switch for the other one.

I bought a high quality mini USB cable instead of a cheap one. Although the high quality one is also cheap somewhat by international standards.

Anyway, I would like you all to know that the problems I mentioned with the amp taking on a mind of its own has stopped.

However, I wonder if it will come back because I have experienced the problem with nothing plugged in to the USB port as well. Time will tell and I will be sure to update this thread.

I'm fairly happy now and finally into making music without those hindrances, although I do not find much time these days in order to do so.

If only the effects loop implementation was better, I would have been totally happy with Silverline. As of now, it is nothing more than a massive tone suck. Hence I disabled it.

Thanks for reading,
Your friend from India,
Siddhu Boy.

hennysmath

Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:39 am

I have solved this problem for me, thank you very much for giving me a lot of useful knowledge.

wordle
ovo game

laurawoods

Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:04 am

It sounds like there may be a technical issue with your Silverline head, possibly with the selector switch or the circuitry that controls it. Over time, dirt and debris can accumulate on the switch contacts, build now gg causing erratic behavior. Try cleaning the switch with a contact cleaner spray or a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol.

sidk47

Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:22 pm

Blackstar Silverline acting up.

Volume fluctuates from 0 to 100% of the master on its own.

Volume cuts off. Have to play silently.

Now I know why people go the all analog route.

Nothing can be done, except to stop playing.

Chill4x

Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:35 am

Before you try that though, it might be a good idea to contact Blackstar's customer support or take it to a tech if you're not comfortable with DIY fixes. They might have some specific troubleshooting steps or solutions for you.

sarang

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:54 am

the evolution of online gaming has 2048 cupcakes pushed the boundaries of creativity and innovation within the industry.

• Information