Windows 10 does not recognize IDC 10 V3

This is the place to ask any questions about Blackstar Architect. Users will be able to give you feedback and advice.
Ave

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 pm

Hi all!

I cannot connect an IDC 10 V3.
Windows does not recognize it, so Architect does not recognize it either.
How can I get it to recognize it? When I connect the USB to the laptop I hear the sound of the windows connection, but then it gives the message that it does not recognize it.

Thx!

bcsurfer

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:59 am

Same problem here.... Just bought the amp today and already regretting it... The fact that they haven't responded to your post doesn't give me much hope...

Sonofarich

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:31 pm

You need to send an email to enquiries@blackstar.com to get help. They don't regularly patrol the forums.

bcsurfer

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:10 pm

I fixed this problem by buying a new USB cable... I honestly don't know what is different about this cable compared to the several I tried before but at least the computer and program can see the app now. Unfortunately, now the app crashes looking for patches...

dskphoto

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Had my backstair amp for a while now , just been mainly using a clean tone and lots of echo / reverb aka Hank Marvin. I recently picked up an USB cable( can't believe they are still using type A ! ), hoping to discover a bit more of what this amp can do but cannot get it to work with a windows laptop. I made sure I had a data cable and tried a few things ( reset amp, run architect as admin ) but laptop will just not recognise the amp. Luckily I have an old iMac that I have not got around to selling and decided to dust it off and try the amp on that - it worked first time ! So the data cable is not the issue.

So now I have got it working on my mac I have found the patches and this community - but the next problem - they have hundreds of patches but there is no way of telling what amp the patches are for.

Really poor form, I also own a Boss Katana as my main amp - the software / community / patches etc far out weigh this effort by Blackstar.

emmausa0106

Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:44 am

Verify that the Windows 10 version installed on your PC is one that the IDC 10 V3 device can work with. If not, you can attempt to fix the issue by installing updates or newer versions of the Windows operating system. contexto

PitterMcCollan

Thu May 04, 2023 1:56 pm

I'm not exactly sure what the issue could be, but have you tried checking if there are any driver updates for the device? It's strange that you're hearing the sound of the connection, but it's still not being recognized. Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port or even a different laptop? Sometimes this can help rule out any issues with the port or laptop itself. Maybe to solve your problem you should check your software?

PitterMcCollan

Wed May 10, 2023 8:22 pm

PitterMcCollan wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 1:56 pm
I'm not exactly sure what the issue could be, but have you tried checking if there are any driver updates for the device? It's strange that you're hearing the sound of the connection, but it's still not being recognized. Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port or even a different laptop? Sometimes this can help rule out any issues with the port or laptop itself. Maybe to solve your problem you should check your software?
If there are errors there, you will probably need cheap windows 10 keys. It's always best to purchase software from reputable sources.

andree23

Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:21 am

Ensure that you are using a good quality shell shockers USB cable and that it is properly connected to both the IDC 10 V3 device and your computer. Try using a different USB cable if possible.

emmausa0106

Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:12 am

Sometimes, Windows needs the correct driver to recognize and work with the device. Check if your IDC 10 V3 device requires separate driver installation. If available, download and install the driver from the manufacturer's website or the included disc.

• Information