Architect Stopped working after updating to MacOS Ventura

This is the place to ask any questions about Blackstar Architect. Users will be able to give you feedback and advice.
liamross23

Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:55 pm

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with the Architect software since updating their MacOS to Ventura?

It was working fine previously on Monterey but since updating I get the 'No Device Connected' screen.

I read online that it could be because I'm using a USB port, but it worked fine using that before.

Any ideas?

I've spoken to Blackstar and they told me to re-download the software, which hasn't worked.

Cheers!

Instigator

Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:55 pm

I am using osx 12.6.1 and when I finally got it to download from Blackstar website... it works... freezes every now and then but I guess it is working...

have you got yours working yet? March 2023 and nobody from Blackstar has replied to you? wow...

lucidam

Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:06 am

liamross23 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:55 pm
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with the Architect software since updating their MacOS to Ventura?

It was working fine previously on Monterey but since updating I get sinister squidward the 'No Device Connected' screen.

I read online that it could be because I'm using a USB port, but it worked fine using that before.

Any ideas?

I've spoken to Blackstar and they told me to re-download the software, which hasn't worked.

Cheers!
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Architect software on your macOS Ventura update. Technical glitches after updating software or operating systems are not uncommon, and it can be frustrating. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the "No Device Connected" screen issue:

Check USB Connection: Even if the USB port worked before, it's worth trying a different USB port on your computer or using a different USB cable to rule out any connection-related issues.

Restart Your System: Sometimes a simple system restart can resolve minor software glitches or conflicts.

Update Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your Blackstar device installed on your macOS Ventura. Visit the Blackstar website or their support page to download and install any available driver updates.

Check Software Compatibility: Verify that the Architect software is compatible with macOS Ventura. Sometimes, software updates are required to be fully compatible with the latest macOS versions.

Run in Compatibility Mode: If the Architect software is not explicitly designed for macOS Ventura, you can try running it in compatibility mode for the previous macOS version (Monterey). Right-click on the software icon, select "Get Info," and check the "Open in Compatibility Mode" option if available.

Remove and Reinstall: Completely uninstall the Architect software from your system and then reinstall it. Ensure that you follow the correct installation process and use the latest version available on the official website.

Contact Blackstar Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, reach out to Blackstar support again and provide them with detailed information about your macOS Ventura setup and the steps you've already taken. They may have further troubleshooting steps specific to the software and your configuration.

Always remember to back up your data before making any significant changes to your system or software. I hope these steps help resolve the issue, and you can get back to using the Architect software seamlessly. Good luck!

bekean

Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:49 am

Check travle if there are any driver updates specifically related to your device or the Architect software. Manufacturers often release updated drivers to ensure compatibility with new operating systems.

GeoffreyTempest

Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:34 am

Hi there! So, I have the same issue. Actually, it's even worse. The point is, that I've updated from a Mac Mini 2020 (m1) with Big Sur to a Mac Mini 2022 (m2) with the Mac Os Ventura. The Architect software worked fine on Big Sur, but it absolutely DOES NOT work at all on the Ventura. The app starts but as soon as you turn on the Amped (I have the Amped 1), it crashes and there is nothing you can do to make it work.

It doesn't even run in compatibility mode (under Rosetta 2). Changing the USB port does not work and nothing else works.

I contacted customer support almost 3 months ago and described the problem to them. At first, I got an email from a person named Harley-Joe Arnold, who asked me a few questions (but I had already provided a screenshot with my Mac configuration as well as the log report the Architect software itself produced). Anyway, Harley-Joe told me that he was going to take care of the problem.

A month went by and I got no feedback, so I wrote again. Harley-Joe said that they were looking into the problem. Another month went by and I contacted him again and this time he wrote "Please bear with me while i liaise with the software team to discuss this further" and "I shall be in touch once i have an update."

To this day I received no update of any sort. Upon trying to contact him again, I found out that, in the meantime, my ticket was closed (I suppose positively).

Now, I understand an update could, and sometimes does, render apps unusable, but they could have just let me know that they were working on a new firmware update for the Architect app (the newest one I believe is from April 2023), and I would have understood. The fact of the matter is I really need the Architect software as you can't really, fully control the Amped 1 without it.

FYI you can't install Big Sur on the Mac Mini M2, and I can't go back to using the old Mac Mini, either.

My question is: is there going to be un update to the Architect software anytime soon? Are the people at Blackstar even working at it? Are they aware that their app does not work with Mac Os Ventura?

Cheers!

Geoffrey

Stanley Hilpert

Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:36 am

Confirm that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for running the Architect software. Sometimes, new operating system updates may introduce changes that affect software compatibility.
Tunnel Rush

dryfirewood

Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:53 am

Unique and creative: Friday Night Funkin offers a unique musical game style that combines action and music in a great way. This is an innovative game that can captivate players.

kathy123

Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:32 am

I've seen suggestions online indicating that USB ports might suika game be the culprit. However, I want to note that I had no issues with the same USB port before the update.

lindausa0106

Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:38 am

I hope that someone will tell me the information and reason why Architect stopped working slope after updating to MacOS Ventura.

jesse99

Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:23 am

You should restart both your Mac and the Architect software after making any pokedoku changes.

• Information