Insider on tablet devices.

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
darrenjs

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:00 pm

The new Line 6 Amplified range have control software on Android and iOS as well as Mac and PC.

Hate to say I told you so, actually, no I'm not, I flippin' we'll did tell you so!

It would work better than a laptop if anything, to touch a dial and change a setting on the screen would be a joy, plus, tablets are smaller and lighter to carry around.

madbanjoman

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Not that I disagree with getting Insider on iOS, actually I totally agree, I just can't see comparing what Line 6 released today with the ID series. The Line 6 amp is a bedroom toy. The ID series is gig ready. The interface for the ID is not necessary to use the amp. I only have used it to update the firmware on mine and activate the effects loop. The line 6 amp needs the software interface to get all of the benefits of the amp. The Line 6 amp is cool idea for learning new songs and practice, it's just not an Blackstar ID amp.

myk.robinson

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:44 pm

I know that everyone has their own opinions, so here's mine...

While it looks good on paper (and video), at the end of the day, its still a Line 6 amp. I can't ever buy anymore of their products, because historically, you spend forever tweaking and after a year or more still have not achieved the sound you want. What I like about the ID amps is the pure simplicity. Yes, its a digital amp, but it still takes you back to the old days of just plugging up and playing. It takes minutes instead of years to get a sound you like. Granted, you may make minor EQ tweaks a bit longer, but generally speaking ,it doesn't take long at all to dial in a good, usabale sound on any ID amp, and they sound good at low AND high volume.

In my experience, L6 amps sound decent at best at bedroom volumes and get VERY thin when cranked up to performance levels. They're great for recording, however. That's one thing they definitely have down is how easy it is to record via USB. With my Blackstar, I just run the emulated out to my audio interface, but kinda wish USB recording were easier..

darrenjs

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm not saying the amp compares with an id series, that would be ridiculous!

But this inferior amp has more choice of control apps.

If Line 6 can do it, so can Blackstar.

madbanjoman

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:07 pm

it only has iOS for control and sounds. android, mac and pc can only send music to it.

Jt

Papalazarou

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 pm

i'd like to see the insider software on android & agree it'd be more convenient than pc/Mac alone especially when your out n about with the amp.
:D

frettfreak

Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:39 pm

the line 6 doesnt do ANYTHING with android other than allow it to use the mp3 input or connect through bluetooth. The only controls through the tablet are with IOS only (complete BS IMO).

But I would agree that insider on a tablet (my preference would be android but obviously IOS would be a given) would be awesome!

RedHotFuzz

Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:29 pm

A tablet version of Insider should be a no-brainer in this day and age. I could mount my iPad to a stand and have complete control of the amp from there (including loading presets) right where I stand. I don't own a Blackstar amp yet, but an iPad version of the software would be a huge selling point for me.

darrenjs

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:31 pm

I spoke to the nice gentlemen from Blackstar at the Great British Guitar Show last week.

While they can't say when, they did assure me that tablet Insider is on the 'to do'' list.

So now I can start picturing my iPad on a nice stand right where I can touch those virtual dials and buttons!

otter5555

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:19 pm

darrenjs wrote:I spoke to the nice gentlemen from Blackstar at the Great British Guitar Show last week.

While they can't say when, they did assure me that tablet Insider is on the 'to do'' list.

So now I can start picturing my iPad on a nice stand right where I can touch those virtual dials and buttons!
i'd like to be able to use 1.4 on a pc before they devote any energy to tablet developement :)

• Information