Blackstar Insider software, write your issues here...

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Jim Belaye

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:27 pm

The last update was in February of 2015, a long time ago.
They are still a lot of issues with Insider but no upgrade.

Looks like Blackstar is more focused on launching new products.
It is like they do not care about the ID Series and Insider.

I know that a lot of member like myself. We fought for it.
Then we stopped because it's not worth it. They're not listening. :?

Me, what I did I bought some pedals and I am using only the two clean channels.
Last edited by Jim Belaye on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McSmart

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Besides the issues you named Insider still doesn't run on Mac OS X 10.11 which is released two months ago. And software developers could get 10.11 beta versions even more months before the actual release. How poor is that?!

Actionman

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:37 pm

We've been asking forever for improvements but it's fairly obvious it's not happening at all in any way.
Not even a mention of something in the pipeline to fix at least some of the annoyances.
All they needed was one more push to get it done and take this amp from goodish to excellent but they just plain stopped developing.
More concerned with new product launches which is hilarious because most of them point back to "Insider" and the ID/Core series.
I guess they think they've nailed it already...close but no cigar Blackstar.

Jim Belaye

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:48 pm

Ok people...

I have contacted someone from Blackstar and he asked me to name all the issues with Insider.

So go for it and write in this subject what kind of problems you have with Insider.
Then I will write back to Blackstar with a list of issues from Insider users.

I am not sure It will do anything. Because I did this exercise myself a few months ago and ... :(
But you know it is worth a shot. Maybe one last attempt to get them to fix that software.

- Jim 8-)

lurkalot

Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Insider v1.7.0 hooked up a ID: Core 40

1: MP3 playback through the amp doesn't seem possible via Insider, making the audio section somewhat useless. The various audio programs in windows 10 will playback through the amp via USB without problem. Ref this thread, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5457

2: Noise gate is set to high even on its lowest setting, making it unusable and \I have to switch it off. Could do with more sensitivity settings in insider, unless f course this is a Amp problem,

Jim Belaye

Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:32 am

I received this email from Blackstar today...

<< Regarding an upcoming Insider update; I'm not aware of any changes in the near future.
I can tell you that the lads back in the UK are always looking for ways to improve our product
in a timely and effective manner
. >>

So I really don't know if it's worth it. I have sent many emails with pictures and details about the bugs.
Nothing happened then, will it happen now ? They acknowledged that they were bugs but did nothing.

Is it worth it ? I am very sceptical about this. Let me know what you think...

- Jim 8-)

McSmart

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:49 am

lurkalot wrote:Insider v1.7.0 hooked up a ID: Core 40

1: MP3 playback through the amp doesn't seem possible via Insider, making the audio section somewhat useless. The various audio programs in windows 10 will playback through the amp via USB without problem. Ref this thread, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5457

2: Noise gate is set to high even on its lowest setting, making it unusable and \I have to switch it off. Could do with more sensitivity settings in insider, unless f course this is a Amp problem,
Same with my ID:100 ...

My wish to Santa Claus is:

1: MP3 playback
2: A decent way to adjust noise gate in every voice, not just "off", "low" and "high" but a real controller

Actionman

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Jim Belaye wrote: << Regarding an upcoming Insider update; I'm not aware of any changes in the near future.
I can tell you that the lads back in the UK are always looking for ways to improve our product
in a timely and effective manner
. >>
I think this says it all!
They've obviously completely stopped developing for the platform which leaves many unsatisfied customers.
There are numerous posts about the issues we all have experienced so there's really no point anymore in mentioning them here.
They're not listening and nor will they anytime soon.
Thank for trying though dude.... keep the dream alive.

Fantom

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:36 pm

i wonder how many people actually use the Insider software. sure i used it when i first got my amp, but now that i have all my patches saved, i really haven't used it for many months. i'm sure down the road i'll play with it again for who knows what but with that said, a looper would be nice.

musicscotty

Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:33 pm

I can't get the Insider to run at all now.

It worked perfectly up until a few months ago until I tried to upgrade the version. Now It doesn't. I've tried pretty much everything. The Insider software starts to run - shows me the first screen and then just stops. I've tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail.

It's as frustrating as hell and I've had enough of it. Everything else is working perfectly on my PC .....

I bought the amp for recording use and Insider was really good for that purpose.

Is there any advice - apart from sell it and go to another make of recording amp?

• Information